Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mark Skincare Review

As some of you may know, I am a Mark representative. That means I can get samples of some Mark products, including their skincare line. I recently ordered sample packs of their skincare so I could try it for myself and so I could recommend it to friends and find out what works the best and what to avoid. I tried the two cleansers (Calming Effect Cleanser and That's Deep Cleanser) and the three moisturizers (See Things Clearly, For Goodness Face, and Matte Chance) with each cleanser, just to see how it worked out. I'm here to review each product. But, before you read I think it would probably be fair for me to talk about my skin type first. My skin is acne-prone and combination. It is normal in some areas and oily on my cheeks. My skin also dries out very easily... so as you can see, my skin is not a pleasant thing to deal with. All of the products are fragrance and odor free.

Calming Effect Comforting Milk Cleanser:
This cleanser is soap-free. It also claims to have a nourishing milk complex and banana and oat milk protein. It has a milky consistency, but it foams up a little and cleans surprisingly well. Although the description of this cleanser may lead one to believe that only dry or sensitive skins can use it, I think almost any skin type can use this without problems. However, I'm not sure any Mark skincare products would work for people with very dry skin.
Final Rating: 4.5 out of 5

That's Deep Purifying Gel Cleanser:
This is also soap-free and it is a greenish gel with no added fragrance. It also has willow bark, which is a more natural form of salicylic acid. It cleans wonderfully and isn't irritating. It's definitely worth a try if you have acne-prone skin, but it might be too drying on even combination skin.
Final Rating: 4.5 out of 5

See Things Clearly Brightening Moisturizer:
This moisturizer has lotus flower and a citrus blend that is supposed to be brightening. This moisturizer is almost a gel consistency. It's very lightweight, and it should also be good for any skin type... with the exception of very dry skin. It really isn't too special, but it's definitely not bad.
Final Rating: 4 out of 5

For Goodness Face Antioxidant Skin Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30:
This is supposed to be full of antioxidants such as dark chocolate and blueberries, plus SPF 30. This moisturizer is somewhat greasy (it's SPF 30, so I wasn't surprised). This one is best for any skin type but oily. It's definitely a lotion consistency and is quite lightweight for a moisturizer with sunscreen.
Final Rating: 3 out of 5

Matte Chance Mattifying Lotion:
This has sugar cane, which is an alpha hydroxy acid. This one is a lotion that truly does feel matte when you apply it on. I would almost use this as a primer (but since I've never really used a primer, I don't exactly know if they feel like this). This is perfect for oily skin and doesn't feel heavy at all.
Final Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Conclusion:
Overall, I do like the Mark skincare products. Would I buy the full size of anything? Yes, I'd buy any of the products, sans the SPF moisturizer. They're all really nice. The only reason I am reluctant to buying this is because I know how these companies work... they bring something out and take it out of the catalogues as soon as they come. Mark doesn't seem to have any staples in their skincare, and that's what prevents me from buying the full sizes (then again, I seldom repurchase any products, and usually it's just something I tried a year before and forgot why I didn't like it)

No comments:

Post a Comment