Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Project 3 Pan is NO MORE!

Yes, you've read this correctly. I decided that I just want to focus on finishing my foundations and concealers. Project 3 Pan was not for me. I have 13 foundations (yeah, 13!) and I am going to finish them and my 6 concealers. When I finish a product, I will post a photo here (as proof of finishing) and a full review of it. I also went on MakeupAlley and checked the ratings for each foundation, then I listed them in order from the lowest rating to the highest. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that the one with the highest rating is the best... I was actually surprised about 12 and 13... but for the sake of the challenge, I'm doing it this way.

Foundations:
1. L'Oreal True Match Compact Makeup (I agreed with the ratings... this foundation is not good and although I did hit pan, I won't repurchase unless they reformulate it)
2. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse (I have bought, loved, and hated this foundation so many times it's not funny. None of the colors are right for me, but I can't resist the texture)
3. Almay Smart Shade Makeup (this has zero coverage... meh)
4. Almay Pure Blends Makeup (also zero coverage... and it has a floral smell, which doesn't bug me, but it claims to be fragrance free..)
5. Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Foundation (this is the new formula with 0.5% salicylic acid)
6. L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation (great match)
7. L'Oreal Bare Naturale (not bad, not great... Everyday Minerals is better)
8. Mark Speedway Do Everything Foundation Stick (ahh, one of the few foundations I've only used a couple of times)
9. MAC Studio Fix Powder (I don't know if I actually like this or not... I've had it a year and I almost can't justify using it too often just because of the price... hmm)
10. MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation (this stuff has great coverage)
11. Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance (and we go from great coverage to really bad coverage)
12. Mark Get A Tint Tinted Moisturizer (this stuff is streaky and gross)
13. Max Factor Pan-Stik (I don't know if I will actually finish this or not. The color is so wrong for me, it has mineral oil, and Max Factor is being discontinued in the US)

Concealers:
1. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Concealer (this stuff is nasty... it's greasy and it creases badly)
2. Almay Smart Shade Concealer (I actually like this... low coverage, but it's lightweight... why should I complain?)
3. Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer (to be used with Dream Matte Mousse, so the order is not definite)
4. Almay Clear Complexion Concealer (this stuff is really good)
5. Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer (this is also good... usually I wouldn't think a liquid concealer would have coverage, but this stuff does)
6. Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer (I got this for my birthday and I've used it a couple of times... I love it so much)

I hope this post didn't bore you. Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment